Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Noisy pool pump

Noisy Hayward pool pump. What is it, bearing or impellar, or seal, or debris.. @ReneeClem Hi I repaired the diffuser. It is this plastic disc like thing that goes in front of the impellar, I was able to pick up the part for like 5 dollars. I think what had happened was that I had a crack in my filter basket, which allowed debris (probably old tile/mortar) to get past the basket and into the impellar area. A groove was worn out of the diffuser, kind of circular close to the impellar. So the impellar was probably ejecting the debris into the diffuser, which was causing the rattling noise. I want to add that taking apart the pump was very easy, the motor slides right out of the filter housing. There is this very large oring that made it very hard to put back together though due to friction. I bought plumber's grease(silicone) and the motor slid right back into the housing like butter. hope this helps

My Links : you can find more Cheap and Buy Direct from Amazon you can find more Cheap and Buy Direct from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment